FUTA Advanced Basic Science Programme Admission Form is out. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) admission into Advanced Basic Science Programmes admission has been announced for the 2020/2021 session. See how to apply below.
FUTA Advanced Basic Science Programme Admission Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for Direct Entry Admission into 200 Level Undergraduate Degree Programmes. It is full time, and runs for one academic session of Two (2) semesters.
Also See: FUTA Pre-Degree Admission Form
DURING THE PROGRAMME, CANDIDATES WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING BASIC EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS
i. Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE). ii. Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination. iii. Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
CANDIDATES WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE ABOVE EXAMINATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS COMBINATIONS
*Physics, Chemistry, Biology *Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics *Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics *Geography, Mathematics, Economics *Physics, Geography, Mathematics *Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry *Physics, Economics, Mathematics * Economics, Mathematics, Biology * Biology, Mathematics, Physics
FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN FUTA, ADMISSIONS COULD BE SOUGHT INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS AND DEPARTMENTS:
1. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT):
Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE) Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology (AEC) Animal Production and Health (APH) Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP) Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM) Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology (FAT) Food Science Technology (FST) Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT)
2. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET):
Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AGE) Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE) Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME) Mechanical Engineering (MEE) Mining Engineering (MNE) Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
3. SCHOOL OF SCIENCES (SOS):
Biochemistry (BCH) * Biology (BIO) Chemistry (CHE) Mathematical Science (MTS) Microbiology (MCB) Physics (PHY) Statistics (STA)
4. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET):
Architecture (ARC) Building Technology (BDT) Estate Management (ESM) Industrial Design (IDD) Quantity Surveying (QSV) Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG) Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
6. SCHOOL OF EARTH AND MINERAL SCIENCES (SEMS):
Applied Geology (AGY) Applied Geophysics (AGP) Marine Science and Technology (MST) Meteorology & Climate Science (MCS) Remote Sensing & GIS (RSG)
7. SCHOOL OF HEALTH & HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (SHHT)
Biomedical Technology (BMT) Human Anatomy (ANA) Physiology (PHS)
8. SCHOOL OF COMPUTING (SOC)
Computer Science (CSC) Cyber-security (CSS) Information Technology (IFT) Information Systems (IFS) Software Engineering (SEN)
Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
Candidates should possess five O/Level Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science,/Animal Husbandry, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing and Further Mathematics relevant to their proposed course of study.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
1. Candidates are to visitwww.futa.edu.ng.Click on CCE portal and UABS application to create an account.
2. Login into your account with your username and password, and click on payment to generate an invoice for the application form.
3. Candidates are to pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only excluding bank charges on Remita ONLY in any bank.
4. Login to your account online to confirm payment and complete the online UABS application form. Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
5. The application opens on Monday, 15th June, 2020 and closes on Saturday, 5th September, 2020.
6. Entrance Examination will hold on Friday, 11th September, 2020.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS:
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted towww.futa.edu.ngnot later than Saturday, 5th September, 2020
The listed helplines could be contacted for clarification on issues bordering on the Programme during office hours only: 07056096340, 07039884823, 07061162814.
Centre for Continuing Education,
Federal University of Technology, Akure