KWCOE Professional Diploma in Education Admission:The school authorities of the Kwara State College of Education (KWCOE) hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who desire to be admitted into the Professional Diploma in Education (PDE) programme run by the Collegein affiliation with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) for the 2020/2021 session.
Following a new policy put in place by the Federal Ministry of Education recently that anybody in the teaching profession in public or private schools/institutions of higher learning without teaching professional qualification are not professionally qualified to teach, the authorities of the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin is delighted to inform the general public that the Professional Diploma in Education (PDE) is being run by the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin in affiliation with the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
The programme offers opportunities to serving teachers without teaching qualifications to acquire relevant knowledge in the field of education and subsequently be certified in the discipline. In the light of the foregoing, institutions of higher learning both in public and private and the State Universal Primary Education Board (SUPEB) that are harbouring teachers without teaching qualification are enjoined/encouraged to mobilise these teachers to seek admission into the Professional Diploma in Education ( PDE ) programme at the college to enable them qualify for the teaching profession.
The directorate in charge of the programme in the college is endowed with experienced and competent lecturers while the College has enough infrastructural facilities to aid effective teaching and learning.
PDE in Arabic and English Medium
Entry Qualifications for KWCOE Professional Diploma in Education
Candidates who possess any of the following qualifications are eligible for admission into the programme:
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Bachelor, Master and Doctorate degrees
Special Features of KWCOE Professional Diploma in Education Programme
- It qualifies a candidate as a professional teacher
- It enables degree holders to pursue a masters degree in education
- Allows for professionalism through specialization (as shown in A above)
- The process of registering candidates by Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) as a professional teacher starts as soon as a candidate starts the PDE programme.
- Introduction of registered candidates into the Teaching Profession by TRCN is carried out at the point of graduation.
- Computerised operations leading to prompt release of results.
Duration of the Programme
The programme is a one-calendar year full-time study of two (2) semesters (from 3 pm on Thursdays and Fridays and 8 am on Saturdays).
All lectures take place at the premises of the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin along Saw-Mill Road.
- Hostel Accommodation on first come first served basis
- Ideal daycare centre for babies
- Availability of Computer and Internet Facilities
How to Apply KWCOE Professional Diploma in Education
For further enquiries, please contact us by calling any of the following numbers: 08035782896 08055822698 08035799209