University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) admission form for Distance Learning and Continuing Education Programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session is on sale Apply now!
LATEST UPDATE: The closing date for selling the application form is 17th December, 2020.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following undergraduate Degree programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE), the University of Abuja for the 2019/2020 Academic Session:
UNIABUJA Distance Learning Available Programmes
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of Business Administration
B. Sc. Business Administration
- Department of Public Administration
B. Sc. Public Administration
Faculty of Social Science
- Department of Economics
B. Sc. Economics
- Department of Political Science
B. Sc. Political Science
- Department of Sociology
B. Sc. Sociology
General Requirements forUNIABUJA Continuing Education Admission
Applicants seeking admission into the specified programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education of the University of Abuja must possess any of the following requirements:
- A minimum of five credit passes including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings in the relevant subjects from any recognized examination bodies such as: SSCE/WASC, GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB or TC II.
- Two’ A’ Level passes with a minimum of five ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects.
- Direct Entry (DE) applicants must have at least four (4) credits including English and mathematics in SSCE or NECO in at most two sittings and at least two passes in A level G.C.E or Diploma at Upper Credit level or 10 points in Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB). NCE holders with a minimum of Ten points pass obtained from a recognized institution in addition to five (5) O level credit passes as in (i) above can also be considered.
- All applicants must satisfy the entry requirements of the University of Abuja. Applicants must have passed at credit level at least five (5) departmental relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
UNIABUJA Distance Learning Programme Duration and Mode of Study
All Programmes run for four or five years depending on entry qualifications. The mode of study is mainly through On-line Course Delivery, Multi-media Resources, Audio-Visual Materials (CDs, DVDs, Disk drive) etc.
How to Obtain theUNIABUJA Continuing Education Admission Form
- Prospective candidates are requested to process their admission through JAMB e-facility platform to register after which applicants can be seen on the institutions CAPS dashboard for admission processing before proceeding to apply with JAMB Registration number online via CDL&CE Portal:
- Visit https://portal.uniabuja.edu.ng
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY”
- On the left pane, click on DISTANCE LEARNING
- Enter the requested details (surname, firstname, othername, email and phone number) andclick NEXT
- On the payment preview page, click on GENERATE RRR
- Click MAKE PAYMENT and you will be redirected to remita platform, enter your card details (Master Card or Visa Card)
- After a successful payment, you will be redirected back to the portal and application number generated and the portal also sends the same application as SMS to the applicants PHONE NUMBER and you will be logged out.
- Click on “MAIN LOGIN”, enter the generated application number and surname as password to continue the application process.
Application forms would be purchased at the cost of Fifteen Thousand Naira (15,000) only through REMITA platform. Note that the fee Excludes Bank Charges.
- All applicants are required to have a functional e-mail for the purpose of this application through which information can be sent. The Centre also requires an applicant to have a functional GSM number to which text messages (SMS) could be sent.
- Applicants are expected to check their e-mail and message boxes from time to time for information and update regarding their applications.
- Sales of Admission Forms Shall commence on Wednesday 30th October, 2019.
Mallam Yahaya Mohammed
The University of Abujais a tertiary institution in theNigeriancapitalAbuja. It was established on January 1, 1988 (under Decree No. 110 of 1992 as amended) as a dual-mode university with the mandate to run conventional and distance learning programmes. Academic work began in the University in 1990 with the matriculation of its pioneer students.
Despite having a troubled past, the University is known to have significantly improved and is now reportedly ranked amongst the top 10 universities in Nigeria by the National Universities Commission. The high rank is suspected to be owed to the university’s move from its mini campus to its state of the art Permanent site.
The University took off from a temporary site, made up of three blocks of building meant for a primary school in Gwagwalada, tagged the “mini – campus”. Academic activities started on the mini – campus in 1990. In the same year, the University was allocated an expanse of land covering over 11,800 hectares along the Abuja – Abuja road for the development of its main campus.
The University of Abuja, Gwagwalada mini-campus is the first campus in the university to be established at take-off time. Though the university is gradually relocating to the permanent site, up till this day, the campus still hosts two female hostels and a boys hostel all accommodating close to three thousand students. Among the landmarks in the campus includes the Senate Chamber, the Science Laboratories, Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Social Sciences, School of Remedial Studies and the Institute of Education.
The University now operates from both its Main Campus, along Abuja Airport Road, and the Mini – Campus in Gwagwalada. Currently, the Administrative Building, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Management Science, the Faculty of Arts are on the Main Campus. More faculties are expected to relocate to the Main Campus from Gwagwalada in due course. The distance learning offices of the University are located within the municipality (Garki) where contact sessions of the programme are also held.