Imo State University (IMSU) Post-UTME Screening exercise for the 2020/2021 session has been announced See details below.
The Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) online registration for the Post UTME aptitude test for prospective candidates seeking admission into all courses/ programme’s for 2020/2021 academic year has commenced.
Also See: IMSU Admission List
According to the school’s management and authorities, the process of registering candidates for 2020/2021 Post UTME Screening Exercise registration has commenced in the Imo State University (IMSU), Owerri. The details of the registration, cut off mark have been released likewise.
Also See: How to CheckIMSU Post UTME Screening Result
ELIGIBILITY FOR IMSU POST UTME
- Candidates whose First choice of Institution is Imo State University, Owerri, and scored the required cut-off mark of 180 and above.
- Candidates who did not choose Imo State University as first choice University but scored the required cut-off mark can also apply on the condition that they visit theJAMB website for a change of Institution.
- All candidates must have five (5) O level credits in relevant subjects at not more than two (2) sittings. Candidates awaiting O level results can also apply but they will not be considered for admission until their results are available
NOTE:The Examination is COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT).
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR 2020/2021 SCREENING EXERCISE
1) All candidates who scored 180 and above and are yet to pay and register for POST-UTME/DIRECT ENTRY should go toImo State University ICT CenterorImo State University Microfinance Bankfrom Friday 13th November, 2020 to pay and complete their registration before the deadline date of 30th November, 2020.
2) Candidates who made mistakes on their form during the registration of their IMSU POST-UTME/DIRECT ENTRY should click the link athttps://www.imsu.edu.ng/Validationto complete a validation form starting from Monday 16th November to 30th November, 2020.
NB:Instruction number two(2) are for only those who made mistakes while completing their POST-UTME/DIRECT ENTRY form
- Every candidate must provide a valid email address and phone number.
- All application must be filled and submitted online on or before the closing date.
- Any wrong information given shall disqualify the candidate.
- Portal opens 10th September and closes30th November, 2020
For more information and support regarding the post- UTME application: Send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended: How to Print IMSU Post UTME Screening Schedule
Also See:IMSU Supplementary Admission
The university was established in 1981 through Law No. 4 passed by the Imo State House of Assembly, Owerri. This was amended by Edict 27 of 1985, another in 1986 and finally for the relocation by the Law No. 2 of 1992. Academic activities commenced at the temporary site located at the former Madonna High School, Ihitte, with Professor M. J. C. Echeruo as its First Vice-Chancellor. The decision to establish a State University arose when the absence of a Federal University was greatly left by the people of Imo State whose major industry is education. The State had so many qualified candidates who could not be admitted by the existing Universities.
The Government of Imo State under Chief Sam Mbakwe sought for and obtained the approval of the Federal Government for the establishment of Imo State University as a Liberal Studies tertiary institution in the State.
Initially, the University was designed as a Multi-Campus Structure with one College to be located in each Senatorial District of the then Imo State with its main campus located at Etiti in the Okigwe Senatorial Zone while the Aba Campus, in Aba Zone, housed the College of Business and Legal Studies. The Multi-Campus structure was phased out because of logistics. The University was then relocated to Okigwe in one Campus.